This program identifies and rewards brilliant young women researchers in life and environmental sciences, material sciences, mathematics, computer and information sciences, engineering sciences and technology. To date, more than 50 endowments have been awarded to young Maghrebi doctoral and post-doctoral students – for the excellence of their academic level, the originality of their scientific project, but also their desire to transmit their passion to the young.
The L’Oréal-UNESCO Young Talents for Women in Science program aims to promote and support the involvement of young women in scientific research. This program identifies and rewards talented young women researchers in life and environmental sciences, material sciences, mathematics, computer and information sciences, engineering and technology.
- Award(S) of the Prize: 10 000€
- Amount per Endowment: 10 000€
The awarded doctoral candidates will each receive an endowment of €10,000. The doctoral candidates must be enrolled in a doctoral school and in a research laboratory in one of the following countries Morocco Algeria Tunisia or Libya and have started their doctorate by December 2019 at the latest (i.e. at least, be registered in the 2nd year of their thesis) and not have yet defended their thesis at the date of the opening of the call for applications,in January 2021.
The awarded post-doctoral fellows will each receive an endowment of €10,000. They must work in a laboratory or a research institute in the same countries
- Be enrolled in at least the second year of a doctorate (female doctoral candidates),
- Be in post-doctoral studies and have defended their thesis before the call for applications (post-doctoral candidates),
- To carry out her research work in the following countries MAroc Algeria Tunisia or Libya, in the fields of life and environmental sciences, matter, engineering, mathematics, computer and information sciences,
- Do not have a permanent position before receiving the Award.
For more information, visit https://www.forwomeninscience.com/challenge/show/23