The Louisa County Granting Program offers grants to Louisa County qualified charitable organizations providing programs and services designed to improve the quality of life for Louisa County residents.
Grants will be awarded to projects and programs aligned with the Grant purpose and areas of focus: arts, culture & heritage, education, environment & animals, health, human services, and societal benefit.
The trust so many have in the Community Foundation is evident in the generosity of community donors and the continual growth of our assets. These assets serve to help their community thrive and grow today, and for many years in the future.
The Community Foundation of Greater Muscatine actively works to improve the quality of life in Muscatine County through philanthropy.
To accomplish this mission we will:
- Build a substantial endowment to provide for community needs for generations to come;
- Serve donors’ needs by providing flexible, convenient and cost-effective means to achieve charitable giving goals;
- Educate the public about charitable giving strategies and encourage inclusion of charitable giving in wills;
- Promote philanthropy in the service area;
- Provide a neutral place for collaboration of community improvement initiatives.
- There is no monetary limit on an organization’s grant request; however, grants usually range from $500 to $5,000. All applications must clearly state how their project will benefit Louisa County residents.
- To apply for a grant, organizations must be a 501(c)3 tax exempt organization (or other qualified non-profit organization such as a school, public library, local governmental agency, or church under section 509(a)(1)) and provide programs or services within Louisa County.
- Applications will be scored on the following criteria: community benefit, measurable impact, budget clarity, collaboration with related organizations or volunteers, and feasibility.
Note: Organizations that are non-profit but do not have a 501(c)3 or equivalent IRS tax exemption can still apply for a grant by partnering with an eligible organization. The Organization with the 501(c)3 or government agency with a 509(a)(1) tax exempt status will be considered the fiscal sponsor for the project.
For more information, visit https://www.muscatinecommunityfoundation.org/louisa-county-grants/