The Youth Advisory Council (YAC) of the Manistee County Community Foundation is pleased to offer a competitive grant program targeted at meeting the needs of Manistee County youth.
- Grants will support programs and projects that improve the lives of Manistee County youth. The YAC continuously assesses the needs of their peers and identifies top priorities for funding for each grant cycle.
- For the 2021 cycle, the YAC has identified youth mental health as the top priority. This includes programs/projects that address youth mental health needs as well as improve access to resources and care. Projects must address this area to be considered eligible.
- A minimum of $2,000 is available.
- Eligible applicants include 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, school districts, units of government (including recognized tribal governments), and other tax-exempt organizations that serve Manistee County residents.
- Projects must be located within Manistee County unless pre-approved by the Foundation.
How to Apply
- The first step in seeking a grant from the YAC is to complete the Foundation’s YAC Grant Inquiry Form.
- Foundation staff will respond by March 12, 2021, about the eligibility of the project based on the inquiry submitted.
- If a project is deemed eligible, the applying organization will be required to make a brief presentation to the YAC on Tuesday, March 16, 2021. The YAC will then determine those eligible for submitting a full grant application.
For more information, visit https://www.manisteefoundation.org/receive/youth-advisory-committee/yac-grants