The Manningham City Council is inviting applications for its Arts Grant Program that enables not-for-profit groups and organisations to deliver arts, cultural and heritage activities.
These activities reflect the diversity of the Manningham community and align with the priorities outlined in Council plans and strategies. They focus on positive ageing, youth wellbeing, accessibility, and social isolation.
The Arts Grant category will support applications that:
- Contribute to the vibrancy of life in Manningham;
- Enable the delivery of community-led, arts and cultural activities across Manningham;
- Encourage partnerships between groups, organisations and businesses for the delivery of improved outcomes;
- Encourage innovation and best practice.
Arts Grants aim to:
- Enable diverse arts and cultural expression across a range of different types of art (these may include digital arts, literary arts, participatory arts, performing arts, visual arts);
- Enable participants with a sense of belonging through activities that include all members of the Manningham community;
- Enables artists and participants with a sense of feeling valued; and
- Supports the local creative industry by ensuring local artists are engaged as part of the project.
- Funding between $3,001 and $20,000 is available.
- Allocations are for one financial year and are not recurrent.
- The notional allocation for the Arts category is $70,000 per annum.
- Grant applications must be from:
- A not-for-profit constituted body such as an Incorporated Association or a Company by Limited Guarantee, or
- Auspiced by an incorporated not-for-profit organisation that is able to accept legal and financial responsibility for the grant and activity, or
- A school. Schools are encouraged to partner with community groups in activities that benefit the wider community.
- In addition to the above criteria, organisations must also:
- Be located or deliver activities within the City of Manningham
- Have appropriate insurance
- Determine legislative requirements related to the funded activity. For example, if the funded activity involves contact with children, a Working with Children Check may be required
- Have no outstanding debts to Council
- Provide an Incorporation Number
- Provide an ABN or completed Statement by Supplier form
- Complete a Project Plan
- Complete an Evaluation Framework
- Provide written quotes for all expenditure items over $1000 that are essential for the delivery of the activity
- Apply before the closing date.
- Applicants will not be eligible for funding if they are:
- An individual
- A community organisation that is not incorporated, unless they partner with a not-for-profit incorporated organisation (“auspice”)
- A commercial organisation.
For more information, visit https://www.manningham.vic.gov.au/arts-grants