The Marillac Mission Fund’s Responsive Grants seek programs that respect and protect the dignity of each person, especially those that are materially poor and vulnerable.
- Immigrants & Refugees,
- Older Adults Living Independently,
- Veterans, Human Trafficking Prevention,
- Advocacy & Coalition-Building
Types of Grants
Responsive Grants fall into two types; applicants will be instructed to select one:
- Program or Project
- A Program is an organized set of services designed to achieve specific outcomes for a specified population that will continue beyond the grant period. A Project is a planned undertaking or organized set of services designed to achieve specific outcomes that are time-limited. (Note: A successful project may become an ongoing program of the organization.)
- General Operating Support
- Grant funds are available to support the ongoing services, mission or goals of an organization within our focus areas. To be eligible, 100% of the organization’s programs must serve the selected focus area. This type of funding is not typically available to first-time grantees of Marillac Mission Fund.
Any applicant organization must:
- Have 501(c)(3) or other nonprofit status.
- Be located in the 16-county St. Louis Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Be willing to avoid participating in, contributing to, or promoting activities contrary to Catholic Church Moral Teachings.
- Support one of the Fund’s focus areas of Immigrants & Refugees, Older Adults Living Independently, Veterans, Human Trafficking Prevention, or Advocacy & Coalition-Building (within one of four previous focus areas).
For more information, visit https://marillacmissionfund.org/grant-process/1-eligibility-and-timelines