Applications are now open for the 2020 Martin M. Sacks Memorial Fund Grant.
The Martin M. Sacks Memorial Fund, a fund of the Foundation for Enhancing Communities, was established in 1984 in memory of Martin M. Sacks, a well-known accountant and handball devotee. Mr. Sacks was committed to supporting nonprofit organizations that provide programs and services for the disadvantaged and underserved, particularly youth.
- The Martin M. Sacks Memorial Fund invites established 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations to submit proposals to support youth and family oriented programs and services that are consistent with the mission of your agency.
- Grants are awarded to eligible nonprofit organizations serving the south central PA counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, and/or Perry Counties.
- Preference will be given to programs and/or services that are provided to or within Harrisburg and the immediate surrounding areas. The committee seeks to support innovative activities that directly benefit at-risk children, youth, and their families.
It is anticipated that $7,0000 will be available to grant in 2020.
TFEC does not fund
- The fund does not make grants to individuals or for-profit organizations.
- In addition, in alignment with TFEC guidelines, this grant opportunity does not fund:
- Capital campaigns
- Direct lobbying to influence legislation or funding appropriations
- National and statewide umbrella organizations that cannot demonstrate a local presence
- New staff positions without a substantial plan for sustainability
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Retroactive projects
- This opportunity is available to nonprofit organizations serving the south central PA counties of Cumberland, Dauphin, and/or Perry Counties.
- Preference will be given to programs and/or services that are provided to or within Harrisburg and the immediate surrounding areas.
Eligible activities may include (but are not limited to):
- Services for homeless women and their children
- Therapeutic counseling services
- Domestic violence and abuse services
- Support groups for individuals or families
- Physical, emotional or behavioral health services
- Sports and recreation programs
- After-school programs
- Services for children/youth with special needs
- Be innovative and not duplicate existing programs and services
- Empower the disadvantaged and underserved
- Be collaborative in nature
- Demonstrate measurable and achievable outcomes
- The grant review committee for this opportunity consists of a dedicated group of individuals committed to the funding priorities of the Martin M. Sacks Memorial Fund.
- The grant review committee may request additional information about the grant proposal prior to making an award or denial.
For more information, visit https://www.tfec.org/grants/the-martin-m-sacks-memorial-fund-grant/