The Matrix Causes Fund is offering grants to support organizations that promote access to justice (particularly for people trying to get support to meet their basic personal needs), or promote equality of opportunity, or promote a sustainable environment.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
Applications are particularly welcome from organizations whose focus is on supporting the needs of vulnerable persons such as prisoners, asylum seekers, people with mental health difficulties, people (particularly children) with disabilities, or women in refuges.
- Other than in exceptional circumstances, the Fund will only provide an organization with one-off funds of up to £5,000, or funds of up to £3,000 a year for 3 years.
- The MCF will only provide funds for identifiable items or activities (potentially including the staff costs of the activity). Where the amount to be provided by the MCF is not the whole cost of the item or activity, the MCF money will only be released when the rest of the cost has been secured by the organization. The MCF will not provide funds for an organization’s general or core expenditure.
- The MCF will fund the costs associated with things like publications, staff/volunteer training, publicity, events, and equipment which can benefit many people and be longlasting. Only in exceptional circumstances, will the MCF provide funds to cover costs (such as salary costs) for an organization’s direct service delivery to individual clients or members of the public. The MCF does not provide funds to support or replace statutory or other services generally provided by public bodies such as schools.
- Organizations that receive funds from the MCF will be expected to report back on the outcome of the use of the funds and to acknowledge in their publicity material that they received money from the MCF. They will allow Matrix to refer in its publicity material to the funding in question.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- Funding for charitable organizations not registered as a charity in the UK.
- The Matrix Causes Fund may be able to consider applications from organizations that are not registered as a charity in the UK. The organization must be established for “charitable purposes” and be recognized by HMRC as an exempt charity.
For more information, visit https://www.matrixlaw.co.uk/csr/matrix-causes-fund/