The Mazda Foundation is inviting applications for its Grant Program to advance community development in Australia. Any Project Notification received by the Foundation will be considered at the Foundation’s Board meetings held in April and October.
As such Project Notifications must be submitted for notification by 31 March and 30 September. The Foundation’s Board meets approximately four times per year, and accordingly a period of some months may elapse between lodgement of a Project Notification and it being selected for funding.
In 1960, Mazda commenced operations in Australia, with the stated philosophy of “the enrichment of life and the achievement of excellence”. Throughout the ensuing years, Mazda has developed a marque of truly outstanding motor vehicles characterized by technological innovation and superb quality.
Mazda has also participated in the community beyond the traditional role of an automotive organization: since its inception, Mazda has fostered a spirit of community involvement. It is from this that the concept of the Mazda Foundation emerged.
- Community based organizations with projects supporting primary producers facing hardship.
Objectives of Mazda Foundation
The Mazda Foundation’s aims and objectives include (but are not limited to) the provision of financial aid to funds, authorities and institutions which qualify for income tax deductibility for gifts and which provide:
- assistance to young people through education and employment skills development, with particular emphasis on children from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- assistance in the advancement of education and achievement of excellence at all levels in the community.
- assistance in the development of technology, to help improve Australia’s international competitiveness.
- assistance towards the maintenance and improvement of the natural environment.
- assistance to address community needs identified by the Mazda Foundation from time to time.
- assistance in research, feasibility, surveys and other background work in relation to any of the above aims and objectives.
If lodging a Project Notification form, please note that:
- the project must fall within the Foundation’s nominated priority area;
- the organization must be an eligible recipient under the Income Tax Assessment Act;
- the project must be consistent with the broader aims and objectives of the Foundation (published on this website); and all areas of the attached form must be completed;
- The Foundation will acknowledge receipt of the Project Notification form, but this should not be seen as in any way indicating that the request for consideration will progress further.
*Once the Foundation selects a project for funding, it may seek a detailed submission from the applicant and/or seek to confer with the applicant.
For more information, visit http://mazdafoundation.org.au/obtaining-funding/