The St Monica Trust Charitable Impact Team is proud to announce its Mental Health and Older People Fund 2021 and is looking to fund at least five organisations for over a period of 18 months – enough time to establish a project with a target of 12 months plus of actual delivery.
They aim to fund projects that reach the most vulnerable older people living in Bristol, Bath & North East Somerset, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset.
They are looking for projects that address inequalities, support and empower older people to understand their mental health issues and to improve their overall quality of life.
Priority will be given to bids that:
- Empower older people.
- Have a strong input from older people into the shaping of the project.
- Engage with other services and collaborative models such as the Bristol Support Hub or similar collective approaches.
- Connect with existing health provision.
- Address inequality and/or promote diversity through its delivery.
- Have considered the sustainability and longevity of the project.
- The St Monica Trust is looking to fundat least five organisations for up to £45,000. They have set a time frame of 18 months. This is to support enough time to establish aproject with a target of 12 months plus of actual delivery.
- Organisations must have been constituted for over 12 months and be able to supply financial records.
For the Older People’s Mental Health Fund, the Trust is interested to see the impact that the projects have on 2 of the outcomes:
- Security and Independence: People feel safe in their homes and communities and feel that they have control over their everyday life.
- Well-being and Spirituality: People with a religious belief or none are happy and can look after their emotional and spiritual needs.
- The activity MUST be held within Bristol, South Gloucestershire, Bath & North East Somerset or North Somerset.
- They will not consider applications where the activity is outside of the above mentioned areas.
For more information, visit https://www.stmonicatrust.org.uk/supporting-communities/community-giving