The Mérieux Foundation’s Small Grants Program is now open to improve the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases.
The projects including as beneficiaries mothers and children will be given priority.
Selected projects will receive financial support of up to 5000 euros. Two annual sessions are organized to study the applications.
- Harmonization with existing initiatives in the concerned location;
- Objectives and activities related to and consistent with the Mérieux Foundation’s mission and focusing on HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, malaria, hepatitis, neglected tropical diseases and other infectious diseases representing significant public health issues;
- Projects based on a local needs assessment;
- Projects proposing concrete solutions, beyond education and raising awareness;
- Projects that are adapted to the population that is targeted and are long-term in nature;
- Projects that do not present a complete file are not eligible;
- Projects that only include research activities, with no impact on mother and child, are not eligible;
- Projects taking a global approach to health, including physical, social and psychological aspects;
- Projects with a direct impact on the mother and / or child;
- Respect of ethical principles and gender equality in the implementation of the project;
- Strong local involvement: links with local authorities, local associations and beneficiaries.
- Only projects implemented by local organizations will be studied (projects must be submitted by the local structure responsible for the project).
- Exclusive mission of public interest in connection with the Mérieux Foundation’s mandate: fight against the infectious diseases the affects the most vulnerable populations in developing countries, especially mothers and children;
- Not convicted (the organization or one of its member) of acts contrary to the principles;
- Not in bankruptcy or receivership;
- Student associations and individual applications (scholarship projects) are not eligible for this program.
- Nonprofit and independent management;
- Registered with the authorities of the country for at least three years
- Respect and sign the ethical principles of the Mérieux Foundation’s Charter: transparency, professionalism, quality, independence, non-discrimination, respect;
- Status of association under the law of 1901 or recognized as a public utility or equivalent status for foreign structures.
Documents to Attach
- Copy of the official statutes of the organization;
- Activity report from the previous year of the organization;
- Budget and financial accounts from the previous year of the organization, certified by the competent authorities;
- Detailed budget of the project;
- Location map of the project;
- Any reference of financial and operational partners of the organization;
- Any useful document related to the project.
For more information, visit https://www.fondation-merieux.org/en/what-we-do/improving-conditions-mothers-children/small-grants/