Deadline: 17 March 2017
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark (MFA) is seeking applications for individual Danida Mobility Grants for Research 2017 to facilitate the creation and development of international networks and research collaboration through research stays in Denmark by researchers from the growth and transition countries included in the “Partnering with Denmark” programme: Bangladesh, Brazil, China, Colombia, Ghana, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Myanmar, South Africa, Turkey, and Vietnam.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark (MFA) provides grants for development research activities as part of Denmark’s international development cooperation.
The objective of the mobility grants is to support and strengthen the creation and development of networks and longer-term research collaboration between universities, research institutions, and private companies in Denmark, and in the growth and transition countries included in the “Partnering with Denmark” programme. The collaboration with the Danish researchers is thus central for the grants, and the research stays must aim at facilitating the collaboration between the institutions in the growth and transition countries and in Denmark within the areas of the strategic sector cooperation in each country.
Mobility grants to researchers from growth and transition countries – country-specific research themes:
- Bangladesh – Occupational health and safety
- Brazil – Digital governance
- Brazil – Health information technology (IT)
- China – Water scarcity
- China – Animal manure as fertilizer
- China – Maritime and shipping
- Colombia – Water resources
- Colombia – Mental health
- Colombia – Health care and use of medication
- Ghana – Maritime environment
- Ghana – Safe navigation
- Indonesia – Energy sector
- Kenya – Food safety
- Kenya – Green growth in the manufacturing sector
- Mexico – Primary health care
- Mexico – Mental health
- Mexico – Energy planning and wind modelling
- Myanmar – Labour market reform
- South Africa – Renewable energy
- South Africa – Water resources
- Turkey – Low-carbon heating and cooling
- Turkey – Waste management
- Turkey – Renewable energy
- Vietnam – Green industrial production
- Vietnam – Food safety
- Vietnam – Health care
The MFA (including embassies in the growth and transition countries) will assess the mobility grant project applications based on the relevance, including:
- How well-defined the focus of the mobility grant project is with respect to the announced research theme in the chosen growth and transition country;
- How the mobility grant project contributes to establishing research networks and collaboration between the institution in the growth and transition country and the host institution in Denmark;
- The potential for further research collaboration between the institutions involved;
- The qualifications of the visiting researchers within the scientific field selected for the mobility grant project.
The MFA will consider an even distribution of mobility grants to researchers from the growth and transition countries, and will also aim to ensure a gender balance amongst the visiting researchers.
How to Apply
- The project coordinator must apply electronically by filling in the electronic application form and upload the required documents as appendices to the application.
- The electronic application form is accessible via given website.
Eligible Countries: Bangladesh, Brazil, China, Colombia, Ghana, Indonesia, Kenya, Mexico, Myanmar, South Africa, Turkey, Vietnam, and Denmark.
For more information, please visit Danida Mobility Grants.