The Marillac Mission Fund has announced Standard Capacity Building Grant to help nonprofits within the MMF focus areas make long-term improvements in their management, governance, or organizational capacity.
- Immigrants & Refugees,
- Older Adults Living Independently,
- Veterans, Human Trafficking Prevention,
- Advocacy & Coalition-Building
The Standard CBG grants are intended to help nonprofits within the MMF focus areas make long-term improvements in their management, governance, or organizational capacity. Applications for capacity building activities could include:
- Strategic planning
- Financial assessment, planning & management, including cash flow, budget development, financial controls
- Evaluation assessment and planning
- Program Development
- Communications and marketing, including Website development, public relations, brand development, use of social media
- Resource development and fundraising
- Human resources, including professional development, succession planning, staffing structure, assessment, and retention
- Information systems management, including technology enhancements – not hardware
- Board development including assessment, recruitment, training, and structuring
- Restructuring and building relationships with other nonprofit organizations to strengthen service delivery, merge/closure, share resources, etc.
- Leadership development including executive coaching.
- Eligible organizations must have received at least one year of MMF grant funding.
- The Standard CBG Program is intended to provide funding support for consultant fees and directly related costs, e.g., material resources, travel, overnight lodging that is essential to the project. Support can include training fees, information technology, staffing, and other costs directly related to capacity building activities.
Any applicant organization must:
- Have 501(c)(3) or other nonprofit status.
- Be located in the 16-county St. Louis Metropolitan Statistical Area.
- Be willing to avoid participating in, contributing to, or promoting activities contrary to Catholic Church Moral Teachings.
- Support one of the Fund’s focus areas of Immigrants & Refugees, Older Adults Living Independently, Veterans, Human Trafficking Prevention, or Advocacy & Coalition-Building (within one of four previous focus areas).
For more information, visit https://marillacmissionfund.org/grant-process/1-eligibility-and-timelines