The RA Ministry of High-Tech Industry has announced the “Energy 4.0” Diaspora technology startups program to support Armenia’s economic progress and the development of the startup ecosystem by promoting the repatriation of Diaspora Armenian professionals.
This year, around 40 teams from different parts of the world will be invited to Armenia to participate in the 6-day event in Dilijan, to get acquainted with the advantages of doing business in Armenia, to receive opportunities for cooperation and exclusive individual mentorship, and the first 3 teams recognized as winners by the decision of the commission will receive respectively 40, 30 and 20 million AMD grants for the implementation of the idea presented in the framework of the event.
The 6-day event has a full agenda, which includes interactive and individual courses, master classes by leading experts in the field.
- Food Tech
- Gov Tech
- Edu Tech
- Med Tec
- Smart Tech
- Agri Tech
- Defense Tech
- Industry Tech
- Space Tech
- Clean Tech
- Bio Tech
- Fin Tech
Why participate in the program?
- Potential BootCamp
- 5-day BootCamp with interactive and one-on-one training, networking, cash prizes, and more.
- Master classes
- Leading experts will present the latest trends in global markets in the technology sector.
- Confirmation of connections
- Expanding connections by interacting with influential industry professionals who will share their knowledge and experience.
- Funding and Acceleration
- Opportunity to receive a grant of up to 40 million AMD.
- (All) Founders
- At least half of the startup’s (co-)founders must be Diaspora Armenians.
- The startup must be active in one or more of the preferred areas of the program.
- Have (co)founders who want to establish a startup in RA and live in RA for at least 1 year.
- Only 2 representatives from each startup will be invited to participate in the program.
- To participate in the “Neruj” program, a startup must:
- have a pre-formed team,
- have a founder (or at least 50% of co-founders) who
- has (have) Armenian origin,
- is not a citizen of Armenia (except for dual citizens),
- has not lived in Armenia in the last 12 months or has been repatriated in the last 6 months,
- be at the idea or growth stage;
- have not received a grant (sign a grant agreement) from the RA Ministry of High-tech Industry during the last 24 months prior to the date of submitting the application,
- have a founder (co-founders) who wants to establish and register a startup in Armenia and reside here for at least 1 year.
For more information, visit RA Ministry of High-Tech Industry.