The Nevada Humanities is seeking applications for the Relief Operating Grants to provide short-term general operating support for Nevada’s nonprofit humanities and cultural organizations with humanities-focused mission statements who have experienced hardship resulting from the COVID-19 health emergency.
This funding is intended to help Nevada’s humanities-focused organizations prevent, prepare for, respond to, and recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. This includes public humanities organizations with federally recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit status and organizations or groups with a federally recognized Nevada tribal affiliation.
You may request Relief Operating Grant funds up to the following amounts as defined by your most recent annual operating revenue outlined in your most recent audit or Form 990.
- Level 1: Up to $5,000 – Organizations with annual operating revenue between $10,000 – $250,000
- Level 2: Up to $10,000 – Organizations with annual operating revenue between $251,000 – $500,000
- Level 3: Up to $15,000 – Organizations with annual operating revenue between $501,000 – $1 million
- Level 4: Up to $20,000 – Organizations with annual operating revenue above $1 million
Relief Operating Grant funds may support
- Salaries, taxes, and benefits for permanent staff
- Honoraria and professional fees for contractual personnel that are essential to an organization’s humanities work
- Rent or mortgage payments
- Utilities, insurance, and other facilities costs
- Personal Protective Equipment, equipment, and supplies related to preventing, preparing for, responding to, and recovering from the COVID-19 pandemic (note that equipment costs may not exceed 20% of total project costs)
Eligibility for Relief Operating Grants general operating support is limited to Nevada 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and organizations with humanities-focused mission statements or groups with a federally recognized Nevada tribal affiliation with humanities-focused mission statements.
To meet the eligibility requirements for application your organization must:
- Have a humanities-focused mission. If your mission falls outside of the humanities and the humanistic social sciences and includes, the creation or performance of art; creative writing; the writing of autobiographies, memoirs, and creative nonfiction; and quantitative social science research or policy studies, your organization is not eligible to receive Relief Operating Grant funding for general operating costs. Your organizational mission must be humanities-focused.
- Offer public humanities programs that are accessible to Nevadans and open to the public.
- Be recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization or be a humanities organization/group affiliated with a federally recognized Nevada tribe with verified tribal authorization from either the tribal administrator or by tribal resolution allowing the applicant use of the tribal DUNS number for the application.
- Have had federally recognized 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization status for at least two years prior to August 1, 2021.
- Maintain a primary business address in Nevada and serve Nevada residents.
- File a form 990, 990-EZ, or 990-N e-Postcard.
- Have annual operating revenue of at least $10,000 as reflected in your most recent fiscal audit and/or form 990.
- Have a DUNS number. While not required to complete your application, your organization is required to have a DUNS number to receive Nevada Humanities American Rescue Plan Relief and Recovery Grant funds.
For more information, visit https://www.nevadahumanities.org/american-rescue-plan-relief-grants