Redland Council is proud to offer a new grants program to support community organisations in hosting Redlands Coast events and activities during Seniors Month.
Seniors Month will be celebrated state-wide in October 2021. Council recognises it has a key role to play in enabling older adults in our community to live active and fulfilling lives.
The Redlands Coast Age-friendly Action Plan 2021-2026 is a five-year action plan that provides a way forward for Council, the community and government to work together to ensure that ageing on the Redlands Coast can be a positive experience where people of all ages can live active fulfilling lives.
The program aims to:
- facilitate community participation;
- enhance community connections; and
- celebrate and acknowledge our older residents and their contributions to the community.
- Outdoor spaces and buildings
- Social participation
- Respect and social inclusion
- Civic participation and employment
- Communication and information
- Community support and health services
- Up to $1500
- Not-for-profit organisations can apply.
For more information, visit https://www.redland.qld.gov.au/info/20075/community_support/248/seniors