The Nordic Council is accepting applications for its New Nordic Food to strengthen networking at a strategic level among central Nordic institutions.
With this call, the steering group for New Nordic Food wants to gather the forces that exist in the Nordic food culture movement and engage people, organisations, including Food Clusters, institutions and companies across the Nordic countries.
- With this call, the steering group for New Nordic Food wishes to support projects and activities that fall within the framework of the Kitchen Manifesto and the current Nordic Nutrition Recommendations with sustainability as the overarching theme.
- The project must support and promote sustainable eating habits, and the focus can be, for example, the promotion of locally produced and organic food, gastronomic values, foreign food culture and traditional dishes/products or reducing food waste.
- The project can identify and test or disseminate best practices to promote interest in sustainable eating habits. The target group of the project must be children and young people between 12-20 years, e.g. at institutions such as schools, high schools, boarding schools, folk high schools, food schools, vocational schools or similar in the Nordic countries.
- All ideas, collaborations and projects that meet the goals and criteria are welcome to apply, however, there is a particularly interest for applications in the following areas:
The project is expected to contribute to the development of the Nordic food culture as well as a strengthened network collaboration and branding efforts. The project can take many forms, including events, network meetings, communication campaigns, testing of new concepts, exchange of students, etc. However, all projects must aim to mobilize and have a long-term effect, and not just single events.
- A minimum of three partners from three different countries in the Nordic region must be represented in the application
- Neither gender should have less than 40% representation in funded projects
- Maximum amount applied for: 500,000 DKK
- Co-financing must be at least 50% of the total budget (in kind contributions such as working hours can be included)
- Project period: maximum 2 years (January 2023 – December 2024)
- The application should include a plan for how to integrate participants to avoid gender inequalities and how to involve the young generation
For more information, visit https://www.norden.org/en/funding-opportunities/new-nordic-food-open-call-sustainability-childrenyoung-target-groups