The NewAlliance Foundation is seeking applications for providing financial support to charitable organizations addressing diverse community needs in the arts, community development, health & human services, and youth & education.
(Ad) Still, finding it difficult to find new grants and donors to support your work? No way to easily search and identify upcoming funding opportunities? No idea how to raise funds? We have a solution for you. Our Premium Membership service answers all your questions. Learn more.
- Community Development;
- Health and Human Services;
- Youth and Education.
(Ad) Too many advertisements on this website? Get an ad-free and fully optimized website experience to find grants and donors of your interest. Premium Membership service offers a clean and user-friendly interface for you to raise funds successfully! Learn more.
- The Foundation will consider funding up to 10% of an organization’s annual operating budget or $25,000 maximum. The percentage is based on an organization’s total cash income for the last completed fiscal year. It does not include the assigned value of in-kind contributions.
The Foundation does not fund
- They do not fund the start-up of new programs in their service area by organizations located outside service area.
- They do not fund programs located outside service area that require those in the towns they serve to travel outside service area to take advantage of programs or services.
(Ad) Premium Membership offers unlimited search options to find your grants and donors. Search by country or thematic area of your work interest or even by keyword. View the number of open grants for your country. on a Google Map. Keep a watch on grant deadlines through a calendar. Learn more.
- The Foundation will only accept applications from organizations with at least 12 months of 501(c)3 non-profit incorporation as designated by the Internal Revenue Service and who demonstrate a mature budget, show additional community support, and have a track record of effective programming. The start-up of new non-profit organizations will not be funded.
- They do not consider applications from fiduciary or fiscal agents acting on behalf of organizations who do not have IRS confirmed non-profit status. Exceptions will be made only in the case the fiduciary is a community foundation.
- NewAlliance Foundation supports organizations and programs that:
- advance the funding priorities under Funding Priorities” section; and
- are located in the 42 towns listed under the “Towns they Serve” section
Applicants that are NOT Eligible
Please note that the NewAlliance Foundation does not make grants to the following types of applicants:
(Ad) Too many emails about grants, but too few leads? Join Premium and use our Specific Email Alerts feature where you can select your country/countries and thematic areas of work interest and receive grant information accordingly. Learn more.
- for-profit organizations
- religious institutions, except for non-sectarian programs benefiting the community-at-large
- service clubs, fraternal organizations or third parties raising funds for a charity
- Parent Teacher Organizations or associations
- state agencies, departments and commissions
- organizations raising money to re-grant funds to specific causes
- organizations raising money for specific diseases
Activities the Foundation does not Support
NewAlliance Foundation does not make grants to support the following:
(Ad) Our Premium Donor Search feature works like a mini-search engine. As soon as you define the search criteria and click on search, it scans the internet for the best possible matches of donor agencies based according to your interest and presents a list that you need. Learn more.
- projects taking place in areas not listed under Communities they Serve
- political activities, including lobbying expenses or other activities influencing the outcome of the legislative or electoral process
- interest expenses paid on loans or payment to eliminate or reduce existing deficits
- feasibility studies
- trips, tours, transportation costs, conference sponsorships or conference attendance expenses
- golf tournaments
- requests from individual schools for specific in-school programs
- animal causes
- team sponsorships or individual sports people
- “a-thon” fundraising events
- capital requests to build endowments
For more information, visit https://newalliancefoundation.org/applying-for-a-grant/applicant-guidelines/