NextFifty Initiative has announced a call for proposals for Census 2020 Outreach Fund to support efforts to ensure that older adults within Colorado are included in the 2020 Census.
- This is a one-time fund of up to $750,000.
- Organizations may receive a one-time grant of up to $25,000, which must be used to support outreach and education for the 2020 Census.
- General operating support
- Individuals and individual needs
- Projects that target lobbying interests or efforts, political campaigns and projects with a goal of supporting a specific political position
- Type III non-functionally integrated supporting organizations
- Activities not related to the 2020 Census
- Colorado-based nonprofits organized under sections 501(c)(3), 501(c)(4), and 501(c)(6) of the IRS code, and Colorado government entities, may apply for the Census 2020 Outreach Fund.
- IRS regulations require that they collect additional information from organizations that are not 501(c)(3) public charities to demonstrate that grant funds would be used exclusively for charitable, not political or member-oriented, purposes. These organizations, if funded, will be required to account for the use of grant funds separately.
- An operating organization has not yet secured its own non-profit status but has a formal relationship with a non-profit entity which acts as a fiscal sponsor to manage grant oversight functions, including financial operations and grant fund management.
- An operating organization is too small to support full administrative functions and has a formal relationship with a non-profit entity which acts as a fiscal sponsor to manage grant oversight functions, including financial operations and grant fund management.
- A cluster of eligible non-profit organizations works cooperatively on a project and select one of the members to manage grant oversight functions, including financial operations and grant fund management.
For more information, visit https://www.next50initiative.org/funding-opportunities/census-2020