The Bureau of Near Eastern Affairs’ Office of Assistance Coordination (NEA/AC) seeks proposals that take specific, measurable action to address one or more structural challenges limiting Algeria’s economic growth.
Examples of possible areas of focus are: employability skills for youth and women; improving the linkage between higher education and employers to address the gap between needed and available skills; access to finance for startups and small businesses; entrepreneurship activities for children or college students that foster critical thinking and an entrepreneurial mindset; or work to improve the overall investment climate. Proposals should justify the chosen area of focus and relate relevant experience your organization has in that field.
- Applications to this NOFO should address and clearly demonstrate how project-specific objectives and activities contribute to the program objectives outlined below. Working primarily on the local level, and using an evidence-based approach, at least one of the following objectives Must be achieved:
- Develop and promote locally designed solutions to economic problems.
- Foster inclusive economic growth that reaches marginalized communities, youth, and women.
- Work towards gender parity in the workforce.
- Improve employability and address skills gap of key demographics and marginalized populations, including youth, women, people with disabilities, religious minorities, and other historically underrepresented groups.
- Increase access to credit for startups and small and medium enterprises.
- Improve the investment climate to enable domestic and international investment into Algeria.
- Funding Mechanism Type: Grant
- Estimated Number of Awards: 3-6
- Estimated Total Program Funding: $1,000,000
- Estimated Award Ceiling: $360,000
- Estimated Award Floor: $100,000
- Cost-Sharing or Matching: Encouraged; NOT Required
- Estimated Length of Project Period: 12-36 months
Eligible Countries and Territories
- In this announcement, they seek to support projects in Algeria.
- Please note: Applications that focus on activities in countries and territories other than Algeria will NOT be considered.
- Eligible applicants include:
- U.S. or foreign
- Non-profit organizations;
- For-profit organizations;
- Private institutions of higher education;
- Public international organizations;
- U.S. or foreign
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=340329