Deadline: 15 November 2018
NordForsk in collaboration with the Academy of Finland, the Swedish Research Council, Forte of Sweden, the Research Council of Norway, RANNIS of Iceland, and the Economic and Social Research Council, Part of UK Research and Innovation is issuing a call for proposals for its research projects under the Joint Nordic-UK Migration and Integration Research Programme.
The aim of the programme is to stimulate the knowledge communities in the Nordic countries and the United Kingdom to cooperate in order to enhance opportunities and address challenges of migration and integration. The main objectives of the programme are to enhance Nordic and British research collaboration and to fund excellent research with impact within and beyond academia.
The programme welcomes proposals from all research disciplines and encourages inter-disciplinary, intersectional and comparative approaches to both integration and forced and voluntary migration. Comparisons can be made within and between migrant groups and/or with populations in sending, transit and receiving countries. Intersectionality refers to how factors such as age, gender, ethnicity, class, faith, religion and sexual orientation might combine to affect experiences of migration and integration.
- Drivers for migration and global, regional and local migration chains and patterns
- Health and wellbeing among migrants
- Social cohesion and inequality
- Social and family relations
- Histories of migrants, migration and integration
- Migrant cultural heritages and contemporary cultural expressions
- Politics and governance of migration and integration
NOK 65 million is available under this call.
- Salaries and indirect costs (including overheads);
- PhD and post-doctoral positions (only in the Nordic countries);
- Research-related costs (such as data collection and analysis, Open Access charges);
- Project-related costs (such as collaboration with stakeholders, communication, dissemination and knowledge exchange activities and other relevant costs);
- Travel/accommodation costs and mobility for the consortium partners;
- Travel/accommodation costs for international participants;
- Administrative expenses.
- To be eligible for funding from the Joint Nordic-UK Research Programme on Migration and Integration, the following conditions must be met:
- Proposals must be submitted electronically through NordForsk Application Portal by the call deadline.
- All proposals must be written in English and follow the structure set out in the application form available on the NordForsk Call and Application Portal.
- The research project must include cooperation partners from institutions in at least three Nordic countries or two Nordic countries and the UK. Nordic countries are defined here as Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, Faroe Islands, Greenland, and Åland Islands.
- The host institution (Project Owner) for the research project must be a research institution based in one of the countries co-funding the call: Finland, Iceland, Norway, Sweden, the UK. The project leader must be a qualified researcher at the host institution.
- Individual researchers may only participate in one proposal under this call. However, research institutions may be affiliated with more than one application.
- Researchers and research groups must be based at institutions of higher education, other research institutions, or other organisations with a strong research focus.
- In addition, the full proposal (Call phase 2) must include a signed Letter of Commitment from each partner institution. Letters of Commitment must be signed by a person authorised to take on financial commitments on behalf of the institution for the entire duration of the project.
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted electronically via given website.
For more information, please visit NordForsk.