The North Lanarkshire Council is currently accepting proposals for projects that support the management and recovery from Covid-19. This grant scheme provides small amounts of funding, in a short timescale, to promote projects or activities which bring community benefit.
The maximum you can apply for is £1,000. You can apply:
- up to three times in any one financial year (1 April to 31 March) for different activities
- or for the same activity if six months have passed since the last application
- the total funding to any one organisation in any one year must not exceed £1,000
What can be Funded?
Grants may be used for various purposes including:
- accommodation or let charges
- running costs
- programme costs
- improvements and building repairs
as long as they are related to Covid-19 activity in local communities and the recovery from the crisis.
What can’t be funded?
Grants are not made for:
- activities that started before the application is made
- items of equipment of a personal nature
- repairs or improvements to premises not owned by, or leased to, the organisation applying
- You must be a democratically run voluntary organisation or community group operating in North Lanarkshire.
- This means that your organisation or group must be governed by people who are elected or appointed by the members of your organisation and that membership is open to appropriate sections of the community. For example, if your group is for people over 60 living in a particular town, anyone who falls into that category must be able to be a member.
- Religious organisations may apply if the project is open to all sections of the community and it does not promote a particular faith or religious viewpoint.
- Individuals, profit distributing organisations, private clubs (clubs without open memberships), political parties and Trade Unions may not apply.
For more information, visit https://www.northlanarkshire.gov.uk/your-community/community-grants-and-awards/community-grants