The Northern New York Community Foundation is seeking applications for its General Grant Program to support a wide variety of programs, projects, and initiatives that positively impact the quality of life in Northern New York.
The general policy of the Community Foundation is to award grants that are responsive to evolving community needs in areas including (but not limited to): Health and wellness, arts and culture, human services, education, families, youth and/or elders, environment, and conservation, community development, recreation, and more.
Applications should convey a passion and vision that aligns with the Community Foundation’s mission and values. Each request will be evaluated on its potential value to Northern New York, funding available for disbursement, as well as the quality of planning, leadership, and support.
Grant proposals are evaluated based on the quality of planning, leadership, support, funding available for disbursement, passion and vision clearly expressed in the application.
- Grant applications are reviewed four times each year.
- Grant requests of $5,000 or less may be approved at the committee level.
- The Northern New Community Foundation stewards a variety of competitive grant programs that are open to eligible tax-exempt, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations in Jefferson, Lewis, and St. Lawrence counties.
- The Community Foundation will not pursue grant requests to:
- Fund operations for existing programs or pay off deficits
- Provide grants to churches and religious organizations. Projects that demonstrate clear community benefit may be considered
- Fund projects that are either substantially completed or will be by the time the proposal is formally considered by the Foundation
- Award support for endowments of any kind. However, from time to time, endowment support may be considered if the fund is to be stewarded by the Community Foundation.
- Support individuals other than through scholarship funds.
For more information, visit https://www.nnycf.org/grants/grant-information/