The US Embassy Finland supports a variety of projects through its Small Grants Program, which is designed to support eligible organizations and individuals in the implementation of programs advancing US-Finnish relations.
The US Embassy Finland is particularly, but not exclusively, interested in proposals focused on the following themes:
- Increasing cooperation between Arctic states and communities
- Increasing collaboration and exchange between American and Finnish students and teachers
- Promoting diversity and inclusion
- Promoting economic prosperity, entrepreneurship, and innovation
- Addressing climate change and changing environmental conditions
- Addressing global security challenges and increasing understanding of NATO policy
Examples of PDS Small Grants Programs include, but are not limited to:
- Programs and outreach activities highlighting shared values and human rights.
- Academic and professional lectures, seminars, and speaker programs.
- Youth leadership and skills development programs.
- Artistic and cultural workshops, joint performances, and exhibitions.
- Depending on availability of funding, it is preferable to indicate whether the project is scalable.
- Award amounts: awards may range from USD 2,000-USD 20,000
- Length of performance period: Proposed projects should be completed in 12 months or less. In exceptional and justified cases, the Embassy will consider extending the project performance period.
Participants and Audiences
- The US Embassy seeks geographically and demographically diverse audiences within Finland and proposals with a significant programming component outside of Helsinki are strongly encouraged.
- The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations / associations, including think tanks and civil society / non-governmental organizations
- Educational institutions
- Foreign Public Entities (FPE), for example: Public International Organizations and Governmental institutions
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
- Embassy grants cannot be used to fund religious or partisan political activity or for: fundraising campaigns; commercial projects or for-profit ventures; individual academic research projects; construction projects; or projects whose primary objective is an organization’s institutional development or an individual’s personal enrichment or career development.
- Applicants are only allowed to submit one proposal per organization.
For more information, visit https://fi.usembassy.gov/education-culture/small-grants-program/