- Project 1: providing national leadership on family engagement to support maternal and child health programs that serve CYSHCN.
- Project 2: providing technical assistance to the HRSA-funded Family-to-Family Health Information Centers (F2F HICs).
Project 1: National Leadership on Family Engagement
- By May 31, 2028, at least 90 percent of MCH programs and stakeholders receiving recipient TA and resources through this project will report they have increased ability to engage diverse families in systems of care.
- By May 31, 2024, set a baseline, and then increase by 30 percent annually the number of TA, education, and partnership building recipients/participants that report implementing best practices for increasing family engagement as identified through this project.
- By May 31, 2028, increase by 25 percent the number of youth/family members trained through this project that report participating in leadership activities in MCH systems of care.
Project 2: Technical Assistance for F2F HIC Programs
- By May 31, 2028, 90 percent of F2F HIC programs receiving TA will report that they have increased capability to engage diverse, underserved CYSHCN and their families in direct patient care, organizational design, and governance as a result of the support provided.
- By May 31, 2028, 90 percent of F2F HIC programs receiving TA through this project will report that they have increased capability to collect, monitor, and report on family engagement data.
- HRSA estimates approximately $600,000 to be available annually (Project 1: $300,000, Project 2: $300,000) to fund one recipient. The actual amount available will not be determined until enactment of the final FY 2023 federal appropriation.
- Independent school districts
- Native American tribal organizations (other than Federally recognized tribal governments)
- City or township governments
- Special district governments
- Others (see text field entitled "Additional Information on Eligibility" for clarification)
- State governments
- Small businesses
- County governments
- For profit organizations other than small businesses
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=340400