The Michigan Council for Arts & Cultural Affairs (MCACA) is now accepting applications for the 2nd round of Minigrant Program Arts Project to support arts and cultural projects taking place between March 1, 2022 and September 30, 2022.
The Minigrant program is a partnership between the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs and Regional Services Agencies throughout the state within fifteen (15) regions determined by county(ies).
The Arts Projects Minigrant program is a competitive grant program that provides support for production, presentation and creation of arts and culture that promotes public engagement, diverse and excellent art, lifelong learning in the arts, and the strengthening or livability of communities through locally developed arts and culture.
The Northwest Michigan Arts and Culture Network is the Michigan Council for Arts & Cultural Affairs regrant agency for Region 2 (Antrim, Benzie, Charlevoix, Emmet, Grand Traverse, Kalkaska, Leelanau, Manistee, Missaukee & Wexford).
- Minigrant Arts Projects provide up to $4,000 for special opportunities to address arts and cultural needs locally.
- Michigan registered nonprofit arts and cultural organizations incorporated, and physically located, in the state of Michigan, municipality, or registered pre K-12 educational institution are eligible to apply.
- Organizations must ensure no part of net earnings benefit a private individual.
- Donations to the organizations must be allowable as a charitable contribution under section 170c of the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 as amended. (Organizations with status under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS Code and local Units of Government meet these criteria.).
- Any applicant that has unmet obligations on current grant agreements, such as overdue or incomplete reports or other significant problems, is not eligible to apply for future funding.
- If any applicant fails to meet MCACA requirements on a current grant agreement, their pending application will be removed from the review process.
- If any applicant fails to meet MCACA requirements on a current grant, following Council approval on a FY21 application, the newly approved grant will be rescinded.
- Auxiliary support organizations (i.e. friends of xyz), colleges and universities may not apply in this grant program.
- Federal and State of Michigan agencies, divisions or departments are not eligible to apply for funding from MCACA.
For more information, visit https://nwmiarts.org/announcements/now-open-rnd-2-minigrant-projects-school-minigrants/