The NSW Government has announced an open call for the 3rd round of Access to Justice Innovation Fund to support innovative ideas to improve or enhance access to justice in NSW.
The Access to Justice Innovation Fund provides grants to support innovative projects designed to improve the way legal problems are solved.
The Fund is part of their Civil Justice Action Plan, which aims to help remove the barriers that prevent common disputes from being resolved quickly and fairly.
Grants will be allocated to low cost, high impact projects that reduce evidenced-based barriers to the justice system, with a focus on communities experiencing disadvantage. Projects must be focused on areas falling within the NSW Government’s legislative responsibility.
Administered by the NSW Department of Communities and Justice, the Fund will provide grants for initiatives with an access to justice focus, including those that will:
- explore new approaches to the delivery of legal assistance services and the resolution of legal problems
- help people to navigate and access the justice system
- promote collaborative approaches to reducing barriers to justice
- demonstrate how technology can improve access to, and user experience of, the justice system.
Priority will be given to proposals addressing access to justice concerns for:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Regional and remote communities
- Communities experiencing disadvantage.
- Applications for funding between $50,000 to $250,000 can be submitted. Multiple grants may be awarded in 2021-22 to the value of $250,000.
- Applicants are limited to one application per year to the Fund.
- An organisation applying for funds must be a nongovernment organisation, not-for-profit organisation, or a business that provides services to people living in NSW.
- Government entities are not eligible to apply. Private individuals wishing to apply may only do so through partnership with an organisational entity.
- To apply, your organisation must have existed for two complete and consecutive financial year periods and provide financial information for the two previous financial years.
For more information, visit https://www.justice.nsw.gov.au/lsb/Pages/access-to-justice-innovation-fund.aspx