Deadline: Ongoing Opportunity
The Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines is inviting applications for the Early Exploration support sub-stream to assist communities in areas of high mineral development activities to respond to early exploration projects.
Aboriginal communities in areas of high mineral activity may be eligible for early exploration support funding that will contribute to the communities’ capacity to process and respond to notices from ENDM regarding proposed early exploration activities. Funding will be allocated to communities that demonstrate:
- a need for support funding based on the volume of notices received; and
- a commitment to coordinating the delivery of mineral exploration and development related training and education in their community.
Funding of up to $20,000 for a one year term is available to applicants.
- Single Applicants: Aboriginal communities in Ontario in areas of high mineral exploration activity;
- Joint Applicants: Aboriginal communities and organizations (e.g., Tribal Councils) in Ontario in areas of high mineral exploration and/or development activity. Joint applicants must have the support of the communities they represent and produce a substantiated record of representing member communities on local lands and resources issues.
- Eligible applicants include:
- A group of First Nation communities in Ontario;
- A group of Métis communities in Ontario;
- Tribal Councils in Ontario, who have the support of the member communities they represent; or
- In specific circumstances and at the discretion of the ministry, other Aboriginal organizations, such as a Provincial-Territorial Organization or economic development organization, if they have the support of the communities they represent.
For more information, visit https://www.ontario.ca/page/available-funding-opportunities-ontario-government#early%20exploration