Variety – the Children’s Charity is inviting applications for its Individual Grants to help kids and families facing challenges by giving them access to things like:
- Medical Equipment
- Mobility Equipment
- Communication Device
- Learning Aids
Funding per individual child does not exceed $10,000
Freedom – provides funding for mobility equipment
- Wheelchairs, Standing frames, Bikes/trikes/modified tricycles, Postural splints, Shower/bath/Toilet chairs, Walkers, Cochlear ear implants, Assistance dogs
Future – provides children with intellectual or physical disability access to equipment
- iPad, Laptop, Specialized software, Educational items, other communication devices, Sports Wheelchair
Caring – helps parents care for their seriously ill children at home
- Nebulisers, Insulin pumps, Feeds, Ventilators, Oxygen Pumps, Seizure Alarm & Mats, Specialized Beds/mattresses
Variety Queensland will not approve applications where alternative funding sources are available. This includes NDIS eligible items. Proof of any unsuccessful alternative funding should be included in your application.
What they won't fund?
- Capital Works eg Vehicle and home modifications, anything affixed to a building
- Medical and health consultations
- Spas/swimming pools
- Communication devices for recreational use
- School fees/salaries/wages
- Ongoing funding, such as repairs or maintenance of equipment
- Salaries or administration expenses
- Career expenses
- Vehicles for individuals / families
- Travel expenses
- General and cash donations
- Applications may be made on behalf of a child who is sick, disadvantaged or has special needs.
- Applications will only be considered for children aged up to 17 years (applications must be received and finalized before the child's eighteenth birthday).
- Applications may be made on behalf of children who reside in QLD.
- Variety Queensland does not give cash donations; funding supports the purchase of equipment and tangible items, and Variety Queensland pays the supplier of the equipment directly.
- Variety Queensland will not approve applications where alternative funding sources are available. This includes NDIS eligible items. Proof of any unsuccessful alternative funding should be included in your application.
- Variety Queensland will consider gap funding, once you have proof of successful funding.
- Funding cannot be approved retrospectively (if you have already purchased equipment).
- Applications will not be funded if the child has received funding from Variety within the past 6 months.
- The Kids Support Committee will assess each grant thoroughly. Additional information may be required and, in this instance, Variety will contact you or your referees.
Please make sure the following documents are submitted along with your application:
- Financial income documentation eg Pay slips, Centrelink income statement
- Three quotes for each piece of equipment requested, less than 3 months old (this clause is void if the applicant is in a remote area and only one supplier is availab le and / or only one supplier offers the equipment requested)
- Supporting medical documentation from two professional sources stating that the equipment is necessary (Medical Practitioner, Occupational Therapist, Social Worker, Principal or Teacher).
For more information, visit Variety.
For more information, visit https://www.variety.org.au/qld/variety-queensland-grants/