It helps school and club sports teams participate in local sporting competitions.
To contribute to the wellbeing of everybody in Aotearoa New Zealand by leading an enriching and inspiring Play, Active Recreation and Sport system.
- In 2021-24 Sport NZ will allocate $444k to the 35 eligible TAs for distribution into their communities.
The following criteria will be applied by Territorial Authorities when considering applications for funding made by eligible teams (along with any other criteria that the Authority considers appropriate):
- A rural school club team will be eligible for funding if it is participating in a regular local sports competition out of school time, which excludes interschool and intra-school competitions run during school time.
- A rural sports club team will be eligible for funding if it is participating in an organised, regular sports competition through club membership outside of school time.
- Application for the Rural Travel Fund is open to rural sports clubs and rural school teams with young people aged between 5–19 years who require subsidies to assist with transport expenses to local sporting competitions.
- Applications must be for local competitions or events, and be made by sports clubs and school-based teams. Individuals are not eligible to apply. Funding is not provided for the purpose of travel to regional or national events.
For more information, visit Waitaki District Council.