The Kinosaki International Arts Center is now seeking applications for its Artist-In-Residence Program 2022-2023 to support artists and projects that critically examine the relationship between arts and the society in which they live.
Kinosaki International Arts Center will support the artists with providing space for creation and accommodation as follows:
- Free use of Kinosaki International Arts Center hall and studios.
- Free use of the residence that can welcome up to 22 guests.
- As a general rule, fees related to the cost of advertising and promotion, personnel expenses for all the staff involved in the production, transportation to Kinosaki, etc. must be covered by the applicant.
The following two points are necessary application requirements:
- The project should be focused on contemporary performing arts.
- In addition to artistic activities and research, it is possible for art-related personalities to hold events such as lectures and symposiums.
- The residency should be realizable (artists must provide results of past activities, production and budget plans, schedules and any other document that can certify the project can be appropriately managed and carried out effectively.
- The selection process does not depend on whether or not there is a plan to present or perform the results of the residency or the project after the residency.
- Residency for research and work-in-progress is also acceptable.
- Individual artists or group of artists can stay at Kinosaki International Arts Center for their artistic activities for a minimum of three days to a maximum of three months.
- Artists are required to be able to speak and understand basic Japanese or English. If they don’t, artists should hire an interpreter at their own expense.
- Artists are required to be independent and capable of working and living on their own doing their laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc.
- Artists are expected to be willing to communicate with the locals and tourists through the Local Community Exchange Program.
- Artists must follow the rules and regulations of Kinosaki International Arts Center. In case of any violation, artists will have to pay a penalty.
- Artists must cover all travel and living expenses and all production costs.
For more information, visit http://kiac.jp/jp/post/7316