The European Commission (EC) is inviting proposals for Sport for People and Planet – a New Approach on Sustainability through Sport in Europe.
For sport to maximize its relevance and assume its responsibility in creating a more sustainable Europe, an innovative concept is needed that contributes to people and planet. This project will use the power of sport to make European citizens aware of the importance of sustainability and help them to understand how they can contribute to social cohesion and environmental protection. In addition, this initiative will be in line with the objectives of the New European Bauhaus.
The aims of the proposed project are to:
- Raise awareness, inspire behaviour, and lead the thinking in European society on how sport can enable and accelerate social and environmental transformation;
- Engage EU citizens to actively participate in sustainable measures using the communicative power of sport, its major events and leading ambassadors.
- The action should focus on examples of inspirational behaviour and practices at grassroots level that can be multiplied and on methods to engage citizens and sport stakeholders in communities to co-create and cooperate on sustainable sport practices.
The available call budget is EUR 1 437 074.
The expected results include:
- Collecting and sharing knowledge on new behavioural approaches needed to make the sport sector more environmentally sustainable;
- Develop approaches and toolkit to be used by sport organisation to become influential leaders in environmental transformation;
- Investigate new approaches allowing sport to become a model of sustainability especially for European young generation.
- Present and implement socially and environmentally sustainable solutions for sport events
In order to be eligible, applicants (beneficiaries and affiliated entities) must:
- be legal entities (public or private bodies)
- be established in one of the eligible countries, i.e.:
- EU Member States (including overseas countries and territories (OCTs)
- Be an organisation active in the field of sport (such as a sport federation or club), with legal personality (public or private body), which regularly organises sport activities and competitions and has activities in Europe, a European dimension or European impact.
For more information, visit https://bit.ly/3vtYLyv