The Golden LEAF Foundation has launched an Open Grants Program for Economic Development projects in the priority areas of Job Creation and Economic Investment; Workforce Preparedness; Agriculture; and Community Competitiveness, Capacity, and Vitality.
- Job Creation And Economic Investment: Collaborate with EDPNC, N.C. Department of Commerce, local governments, and organizations to provide funding to assist with job creation.
- Investment in publicly owned infrastructure
- Investment in privately owned property, plant, and equipment
- New full-time jobs created
- Average annual wage of new full-time jobs
- Business start-ups
- Workforce Preparedness: Increase the number of qualified individuals with skills aligned with current and future needs of North Carolina businesses. Prepare students with the technical and life skills necessary to enter work.
- Increase in students completing at least one curriculum program in the area funded.
- Increase in students completing at least one continuing education course or program in the area funded.
- Increase in students earning at least one industry/third party certification, license, or other credential (non-academic) in the area funded.
- Increase in students completing CTE pathways in the area funded.
- Increase in students participating in work-based learning.
- Increase in students receiving meaningful exposure and opportunities to explore local career opportunities.
- Agriculture: Support agriculture as a means of promoting economic development.
- Number of participants at agricultural trainings
- New publications directed towards farmers
- Monthly use of agricultural facilities that benefit farmers
- Community Competitiveness, Capacity, And Vitality: Support other opportunities to promote economic development through critical infrastructure and employment of health care professionals.
- Investment in public infrastructure
- Number of homes, businesses, and institutions served by new broadband access
- Number of rural leaders receiving training or coaching
- Number of people employed in targeted fields
- Only 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations and governmental entities can apply.
For more information, visit https://www.goldenleaf.org/grant-seekers/open-grants-program/