The Auckland Council is accepting applications for its Papakura Local Grants Programme (round 2) to provide contestable and discretionary community grants to local communities.
The Papakura Local Board welcomes grant applications and community initiatives that align with the following local board plan priorities:
- Support the arts and local cultural experiences in Papakura.
- Develop social enterprise, entrepreneurship and innovation that leads to gainful employment.
- Support communities and individuals within Papakura to achieve their goals and aspirations.
- Support initiatives that enhance the environment in and around parks and stream.
- Enables more people to enjoy the environment in and around the parks, reserves, harbour and streams.
- Support successful programmes to help people reduce, reuse and recycle.
- Highlights and celebrates Papakura’s history and heritage and the implementation of the Papakura Heritage Strategy.
- Celebrate Papakura’s Maori identity and culture.
- Support Maori aspirations for kaitiakitanga over the natural environment and water quality for the benefit of current and future generations.
- Support Maori to deliver community and economic benefits to the people of Papakura.
The Papakura Local Board will prioritise:
- Events or activities that are held in the local board area or can demonstrate the benefit for the local community.
- Applicants who have considered other sources of funding for their project and/or are collaborating with other community groups.
- Projects or events that align with the healthy environment principles.
A lower priority will be given to applications:
- That are fundraising events.
- Costs towards travel expenses, salaries, vehicles, electronic equipment and catering.
- The application has demonstrated little financial need for the project.
- Minimum amount per grant: $2,000
- Maximum amount is generally up to $5,000 per grant unless there are exceptional circumstances.
Types of projects funded by the grant
- Sports and recreation
Outcomes sought by the Papakura Local Board
The grants programme will be targeted towards supporting the following outcomes and priorities, as outlined in the Papakura Local Board Plan 2020:
- A vibrant and prosperous local economy.
- A community enriched by its diversity, where people feel connected and lead active, healthy lives.
- A well- connected area where it’s easy to move around.
- A treasured environment and heritage.
- A partnership with Maori that creates a Papakura whre Maori identity, culture and aspirations are Embraced.
For more information, visit Auckland Council.