The Auckland Council is pleased to announce an open call for the Papakura Youth Grant Programme to provide funds to help young people in Papakura connect, thrive and achieve their aspirations.
The Local Grants Programme provides a funding source that is aimed at helping local communities to achieve their aspirations. Together they can contribute to making Papakura a thriving, safe and vibrant community.
Applicants seeking the following support are encouraged to apply:
- Towards youth health and well-being.
- Towards technology resources.
- Towards learning and development opportunities to build leadership experience within your community.
- Towards the development of your own social enterprise or community project.
- Towards attending conferences, programmes, or training for personal development (such as climate change, leadership, social innovation, youth development, wellness, arts, culture, trade, sports and media).
- Towards running an event or programme in response to community interest and need.
- Towards education and tertiary related fees.
Types of projects funded by the grant
Grant value: $0 – $1500
The grant programme will support the following outcomes:
- A strong local economy.
- People are connected, and lead active and healthy lives.
This grant must be used for:
- Undertaking trades or vocational training
- Undertaking tertiary study in New Zealand
- Participating in a leadership development course
- The board will consider funding course related costs only where fees are covered by the government
To be eligible to apply for the grant, you must:
- be aged between 12 and 24 years old
- have a meaningful connection to the Papakura Local Board area
- be a New Zealand citizen or permanent resident
- include a letter from your school principal, teacher, tutor, community leader, or employer in support of your application.
For more information, visit https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/grants-community-support-housing/grants/grants-calendar/Pages/grant-details.aspx?itemID=61