The U.S. Embassy in Czech Republic is pleased to announce Public Affairs Section (PAS) Small Grants Program to reinforce and strengthen the shared values between the Czech and American people as well as promote the understanding and appreciation of American culture and policies.
They are seeking projects with outstanding merit that support the U.S. Government’s broad goals of fostering mutual cooperation between the United States and the Czech Republic as well as the Embassy’s Priority Program Areas.
The U.S. Embassy Prague Public Affairs Section (PAS) is interested in funding projects that strengthen societal and cultural ties between the United States and Czech Republic and support the Priority Program Areas. Projects should specifically target Czech audiences living within the Czech Republic. All programs must:
- include an American cultural element, OR
- involve a connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field, OR
- promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
Priority Program Areas
- US.-CZech Bilateral Relationship: Programs that seek to explain U.S. policies, culture and values to Czech audiences, resulting in a positive impact on the bilateral relationship.
- Economic Prosperitity, Trade and Enterpreneurship: Programs that promote and support entrepreneurship, innovation, and/or bilateral trade between the U.S and the Czech Republic.
- Enviromental Protection and Stem Education: Programs related to climate change, environmental protection, scientific cooperation and STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education, including programs that promote critical thinking skills.
- Human Rights, Democratic Values and Civil Society: Programs that promote human rights, support marginalized groups, encourage gender equality and empowerment of women, and that foster a culture of integration. Programs that strengthen democratic values of transparency, government accountability, anti-corruption and the rule of law. Programs that encourage strong civic engagement and democratic participation by all sectors of society and that support the development of a thriving civil-society and non-governmental sector.
- Independent Media and Combating Disinformation: Programs that strengthen an independent media, investigative journalism or media literacy among the public, such as programs that counter disinformation or train audiences to recognize disinformation or misinformation online and in news.
- Regional Security, Cyber Security and/or Energy Security: Programs that promote energy security, cyber security, and/or the NATO security alliance.
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $5,000.00 to a maximum of $24,000.00
- Type of Funding: Fiscal Year 2022 Smith Mundt Public Diplomacy Funding
- Length of performance period: up to 24 months (12 months is preferred)
- Number of awards anticipated: 60 awarded grants (depending on available funding)
Examples of successful PAS Small Grants Program programs include, but are not limited to:
- Academic and professional lectures, seminars, workshops, and speaker programs.
- Youth leadership and skills development programs.
- Artistic and cultural workshops, joint performances, masterclasses and exhibitions.
- Professional and academic exchanges and programs.
Participants and Audiences
They seek geographically and demographically diverse audiences within the Czech Republic and prioritize proposals with a significant programming component outside of Prague. Projects impacting areas outside of Prague are strongly encouraged.
The following organizations are eligible to apply:
- Not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations (NGOs) with a connection to the Czech Republic
- Public and non-profit educational institutions with a connection to the Czech Republic
- Czech governmental institutions and international organizations
- Individuals with a connection to the Czech Republic
For more information, visit https://cz.usembassy.gov/education-culture/small-grants-program/