The Placer Community Foundation is seeking applications for its COVID Relief Grants for Nonprofits. Per direction of the Placer County Board of Supervisors, Placer Community Foundation is administering CARES Act funding to bolster nonprofit safety net programs benefiting Placer County residents during the COVID pandemic, recognizing that this has been an unprecedented time of demand for the sector’s services.
All qualified applicants will be considered together once the application period is closed. 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations with programs focused on safety-net stabilization for Placer County in one or more of the following areas may apply. Note that programs must address needs resulting from the Covid pandemic.
- Housing Supports: Includes programs that support a mortgage, rental assistance and shelters (utility assistance is not eligible).
- Food Security: Excludes holiday drives as grant checks will not be received until December 23 or later.
- Mental & Behavioral Health Services: Proven clinical modalities such as counselling, therapy, etc.
- Typical grant size will be $20,000 to $100,000 but exceptions may be made.
- Tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations must meet the following criteria to apply.
- Have a physical Placer office address,
- Provide service on the western slope of Placer County (Emigrant Gap to Roseville),
- Are in good standing with the IRS, state of California, and County of Placer (or is fiscally sponsored by an agency that is),
- Demonstrate financial hardship as a result of the pandemic,
- Provide a safety net program in one or more of the priority areas
- Applications must be submitted using the online form. No paper applications will be accepted.
- An organization is limited to one proposal for this grant program but may apply for a grant that supports programming in more than one of the priority areas listed below.
- Organizations that received a Placer Shares grant in October 2020 are eligible to apply for this funding. Being a prior recipient will not negatively affect an application to this program.
- Ineligible Organizations:
- 501(c)(6) Nonprofits, 501(c)(3) Nonprofits not providing a safety net program, Churches, Religious Organizations, Private Schools, Parental Choice (organizations offering fee-based extracurricular youth activities, examples include, but not limited to, sports groups such as swim team, soccer club, little league, cheer, gymnastics, etc.; arts and sciences groups such as dance, music, art, theatre, computer science, robotics, etc.) and their supporting foundations, Sports Clubs and Activities (examples include, but not limited to cycling, running, climbing, hiking, pickleball clubs; hobbies such as knitting, sewing, crafting, stamps, coins and other collector groups, etc.), Service Clubs such as Rotary or Kiwanis. No exceptions will be made.
For more information, visit https://placercf.org/grants-scholarships/placershares/