Prince Albert Fund is accepting proposals for its grant program to lead non-profit organisation dedicated to helping young talented Belgian professionals acquire experience in conducting international projects.
The mission is to help talented young professionals discover and develop their true international leadership potential and so contribute to the development of the Belgian economy and Belgian international business by leveraging Belgian companies and organisations.
Once you’re selected as a candidate, you’ll receive a number of training and coaching sessions. You will be able to choose your own project and destination at this stage, either an opportunity from one of our candidate companies, or from your own contacts.
And then you’ll be off – one year, one country, one project, and it’s up to you to make it work. Hand in a successful project report at the end of your mission and you have a chance to become a Prince Albert Fund Laureate, a distinction that carries real recognition in the world of international Belgian business.
A Prince Albert Fund Grant is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. About 25-30 candidates are selected per year, all of them outstanding individuals. The Fund relies on the expertise of a specially chosen committee made up of experts in international business, in HR, and alumni of the Fund.
- A 12-month business development assignment outside Europe for a Belgian company of your choice
- Tax-free compensation of €25,000 granted by the Prince Albert Fund (the company will pay for your housing, flights and mission related expenses).
- Prior to departure, you’ll attend a 3-day training session developed specifically for you.
- You start your project within the given deadlines and spend a maximum of one month at the host company in Belgium and at least 11 months abroad conducting the project for the host company.
- At the end of your project, you’ll hand in your evaluation report which will be reviewed by the Steering Committee.
- Upon your return to Belgium, you’ll attend a feedback session organized by the Fund.
- Based on the reports, the feedback of the company, the respect of all deadlines and obligations, the Committee decides whether the participants receive the title of Laureate of the Prince Albert Fund.
- A ceremony is organized once a year in presence of HRH Princess Astrid in Brussels where the Laureates receive their official degree.
Prince Albert Fund looks for talented highly motivated young professionals who need to fulfill the following criteria to apply. The candidate who can apply:
- Is Belgian or is domiciled in Belgium for at least 2 years;
- Holds a master’s degree and has a strong interest for working in a business environment;
- Is fluent in English. Any additional language skills beyond the mother tongue is a plus;
- Has at least 2 to 3 years of professional experience (“real” professional experience, they value that you scooped ice-cream in the summer but this does not count, internships need to be of minimum 3 months to count);
- Is 30 years old or younger (born on or after 1/1/1991);
- Is mature, motivated and eager to learn and to discover new cultures;
- Is open-minded and has an entrepreneurial mindset.
The Jury’s selection is based on the following criteria:
- Strong track record of excellence, drive and resilience;
- Overall presence, ability to convince;
- Social attitude: open minded, flexible, team player;
- Maturity, ability to adapt to a different culture;
- Motivation for participating in the Prince Albert Fund and expected impact on career;
- Potential to contribute to society in general.
For more information, visit http://www.princealbertfund.be/candidates/#what-is-it