The Rothschild Foundation Hanadiv Europe is inviting applications for the Language grants to Jewish heritage professionals for online courses in Hebrew or any Jewish language.
This opportunity is open to professionals working in a Jewish heritage institution (eg. museum, library, archive, NGO, etc.) to enable them to take an online course in a Jewish language (e.g. Yiddish, Judeo-Spanish) that can help them grow professionally.
- Grants of up to £2000 are available to cover tuition.
- They do not fund retroactively and funds will not be given for training/learning opportunities that have already taken place or are scheduled to happen while the application for funding is being considered.
Conditions of funding
- The course must be administered by an institution, whether university, community centre or language school.
- A certificate of attendance must be made available on completion of the course.
- Grants will be paid directly to the language school upon receipt of an invoice, or as reimbursement upon presentation of a payment receipt.
Funds will be awarded to Jewish heritage professionals who:
- Work professionally in Jewish heritage organizations of all types, including (but not limited to) museums, archives, libraries, NGOs.
- the work may be part-time but should be at least 16 hours per week.
- Are based in a European country
- Have at least 6 months of experience working professionally in the field of Jewish heritage
For more information, visit https://rothschildfoundation.eu/what-we-fund/professional-development-language-grant/