The Novo Nordisk Foundation is inviting applications for its Project Grants for Strengthening STEM Subjects in Vocational Education and Training.
- The Novo Nordisk Foundation wants to support general science education and cultivate interest, knowledge and competencies in natural science and technology among children, young people and the general population in Denmark.
- Through this call for applications, the Foundation seeks to contribute to strengthening the interest in and the quality of teaching STEM subjects at vocational education and training (EUD and EUX). The aim of this is to strengthen students’ competencies within the STEM subjects, and to ensure a strong grounding in natural science in their vocational occupation after graduation. In addition, the purpose is to strengthen recruitment of students in STEM-related vocational education.
- Applicants can apply for support for projects that strengthen the quality of teaching the basic subjects within STEM and the STEM related content of subjects in programme specialisations in vocational education and training (EUD and EUX). This also applies to support for projects that can strengthen the STEM subjects’ contribution to the green transition, including also within sustainable food production. Applicants may also apply for funding of projects that aim to motivate more young people to choose a STEM-related vocational education. This could include:
- The development and implementation of methods, materials and resources for STEM teaching, including strengthening the cohesion between STEM related content in the basic subjects and in the subjects of the programme specialisations.
- Activities with the aim to enhance recruitment and retention within STEM-related vocational education and training, science competitions, and special offers and activities for talented students at vocational education and training within STEM programmes.
- Development projects to improve the competences of teachers and a holistic teaching approach within STEM basic subjects and subject programme specialisations with STEM content. Please note that applicants can only apply for support to participate in continuing education programmes that have been developed in the present project.
A total of up to DKK 20 million is available for grants between DKK 100,000-6,000,000 for projects of up to 6 years duration.
- During the grant period, the applicant must be a leader at or responsible for a project at the administrating institution for the project applied for. The administrating institution for the project must be a public institution and/or non-profit organisation, including educational institutions, knowledge centres municipalities or associations in the Danish Realm.
- The Foundation has four calls for applications in 2022 within natural science education and outreach. A person may only be the main applicant for one application in these four calls. Co-applicants are not subject to similar rules.
- Applications, which fall within the calls for Project grants for natural science education and informal learning environments in spring and fall 2022 or Project grants for science communication and debate will not be considered in this call.
- The application system is in English, but applications can be submitted in either Danish or English. The language chosen will not influence the assessment of the application.
The Foundation’s Committee on STEM vocational education and training will assess the applications based on the following criteria:
- The project’s consistency with the purpose of the call for applications;
- the capacity and qualifications of the applicant and the applicant institution;
- the professional quality of the project;
- the relevance and importance of the proposed project, and how it builds on possible existing knowledge and initiatives;
- the project plan, method and feasibility to be implemented, including plan of evaluation and knowledge dissemination;
- expected benefit for the target group and in relation to knowledge building;
- the potential of strengthening the professional quality by involving industrial/business partners;
- if relevant, the capacity and qualifications of the co-applicants and collaboration partners;
- if relevant, the embeddedness, originality, scalability and opportunities for dissemination of the project throughout Denmark
- if relevant, the research environment and research excellence
For more information, visit https://novonordiskfonden.dk/en/grants/project-grants-for-strengthening-stem-subjects-in-vocational-education-and-training-fall-2022/