The U.S. Embassy Budapest, Public Affairs Section (PAS Budapest) of the U.S. Department of State is pleased to announce that funding is available through its Public Diplomacy Small Grants Program.
Purpose of Small Grants: PAS Budapest invites proposals for programs that strengthen cultural ties between the U.S. and Hungary through cultural and exchange programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation. All programs must include an American cultural element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
Priority Program Areas
- Reinforce U.S. – Hungary Shared Values
- Advance Regional and Global Security
- Promote Transatlantic Trade, Investment, and Energy Security
- Promote Rule of Law, Democracy, and Respect for Individual Liberty
- Award amounts: Awards may range from a minimum of $1,000 to a maximum of $25,000; however, selected grant proposals typically range from $5,000-$10,000, and programs with local cost sharing will be given preference.
- Length of performance period: Three to twelve months
Participants and Audience
- Youth (13-25), including students;
- Emerging voices, including civil society leaders;
- Business leaders and entrepreneurs;
- Established opinion leaders, including cultural and/or academic institution leadership;
- Residents of regions outside of Budapest.
- The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from U.S. and Hungarian:
- Registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/nongovernmental organizations with programming experience;
- Non-profit or governmental educational institutions;
- Governmental institutions.
- For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
For more information, visit https://www.grants.gov/web/grants/view-opportunity.html?oppId=330151