Purpose of Small Grants: PAS Abidjan invites proposals for programs thatstrengthen ties between the U.S. and Côte d’Ivoire through cultural and exchange programming that highlights shared values and promotes bilateral cooperation. All programs must include an American cultural element or connection with American expert/s, organization/s or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of U.S. policy and perspectives.
Priority Program Areas
PAS Abidjan’s small grants program seeks proposals for programs that address at least one of the following four priority themes:
- Encouraging active participation of women and youth in a peaceful, inclusive Cote d’Ivoire
- Promoting economic empowerment through entrepreneurship
- A healthy Cote d’Ivoire is a prosperous Cote d’Ivoire
- The U.S. and Cote d’Ivoire as strong partners in business and security.
- Total available funding: $250,000.00 USD
- Award amounts: awards may range from a minimum of $5,000.00 to a maximum of $25,000.00
- Length of performance period: 1 to 12 months
- Number of awards anticipated:6-10awards (dependent on amounts)
Participants and Audiences
While there are no specific required audiences, programs that target women and/or youth and/or underserved populations will receive extra credit and consideration.
The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from U.S. and Ivoirian:
- Individuals and registered not-for-profit organizations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organizations (NGO’s) with programming experience
- Non-profit or governmental educational institutions
- Governmental institutions.
For more information, visit https://ci.usembassy.gov/news-12232021/