The Quad Cities Community Foundation is seeking applications for the 2020 Nonprofit Capacity Building Grants.
Nonprofit Capacity Building Grants strengthen nonprofits by increasing their core capacities to carry out their missions. The grant program focuses on capacity-building projects that improve an identified area of organizational capacity, including (but not limited to) leadership, governance, mission & strategy, evaluation, financial management, program delivery, fund development, communications, collaboration, or equity.
- Maximum awarded per application: up to $15,000
- Total available: $215,000
- Aging Services
- Arts, Culture & Humanities
- Children & Family Services
- Community Improvement & Development
- Education & Research
- Environment & Animal Welfare
- Human Services
- Land use Protection
- Philanthropy & Voluntarism
- Workforce Development
- Youth Development
- Only organizations or projects located in and/or serving Rock Island, County, Illinois, and Scott County, Iowa are eligible for this grant program.
The criteria help the committee evaluate the value of the organization to the community and the value of the capacity-building project to the organization.
Our granting strategy is to fully fund awardees to allow completion of the project.
- Capacity Building: The organization clearly identifies the area of capacity that the project will improve.
- Readiness: The organization demonstrates that this is a good time to undertake the project.
- Inclusion: The organization meaningfully includes and engages diverse populations in receiving, delivering, and leading its mission.
- Project plan: The project plan is clear and achievable.
- Clear Measures: The project goals and outcomes are clear and measurable.
- Leverage: The organization, and if applicable, the project engages and utilizes other resources such as funding sources, volunteers, and community partnerships.
- Mission: The organization’s mission is valuable to the Quad Cities community.
- Overall Impact Potential: The project supports the organization to do important work in the community.
Eligible nonprofit organizations:
- Must be located in or serve residents of Rock Island and/or Scott Counties.
- May only receive a Nonprofit Capacity Building Grant once every three calendar years.
- Organizations may not request funds for the same capacity-building project if applying for both a Q2030 grant and a nonprofit capacity building grant
Applications must be for one of the following eligible capacity-building activities:
- Strategic planning
- Board training and education
- Staff training
- Succession planning
- Critical equipment
- Other assessments, consulting, or facilitation that improves an identified area of organizational capacity.
For more information, visit https://www.qccommunityfoundation.org/nonprofitcapacitybuilding