The Queensland Government has launched the Touring Queensland Fund (TQF) Program to support the delivery of high-quality, tour-ready work to and from regional Queensland communities with demonstrated community interest and demand.
TQF includes support for exhibitions, performances and community engagement activities, as well as touring arts and education activities, and artists in residence projects targeted at schools and kindergartens in regional Queensland.
- Ensure all Queenslanders have access to the arts by supporting high-quality performing, visual arts, and exhibition tours in communities across Queensland.
- Maximize employment opportunities for Queensland artists and arts workers.
- Support access for audiences to a vibrant and diverse range of arts product.
- Respond to the challenges on the viability of touring models as a result of COVID 19 impacts.
- Up to $20,000 for an artist in residence component of any application.
- Up to $150,000 total per application for a single tour or program of two tours.
- Up to $200,000 total per application for a multi-tour program of three or more tours.
- Quick response grants for tours or extensions of tours seeking less than $20,000 are available through the Touring Queensland Quick Response Fund.
- Performing Arts Touring – single tour
- Supports single tours of performances and/or community engagement activities, including theatre, circus, classical and contemporary music, and dance tours.
- Performing Arts Touring – multi-tour program
- Supports programs of touring performances and/or community engagement activities, including theatre, circus, classical and contemporary music and dance tours.
- Exhibition Touring
- Supports regional touring for all forms of cultural heritage, visual arts and craft exhibitions, including exhibitions containing multi-media, moving-image installations and design.
- Arts and Education
- Supports regional schools and kindergartens to access high-quality touring product and artists in residence programs with strong demonstrable links to the Australian Curriculum/Early Years Learning Framework.
TQF applicants must:
- Be based in Queensland.
- Demonstrate that the touring product is from Queensland.
- Include at least two Queensland communities in their touring proposal (or at least one regional location if applying for artists in residence only). Applicants based in regional Queensland must include at least one regional Queensland community (other than their own) in the two locations and metropolitan applicants must include at least two regional Queensland communities.
For more information, visit https://www.qld.gov.au/recreation/arts/funding/individuals/touring-qld