Australia Council of Arts has announced The Re-imagine: Sector Recovery Initiatives fund in acknowledgement of the significant forces of change and evolution facing the cultural and creative industries. This investment will support the sector to re-imagine practice and operations, and test ideas and models for a more resilient, equitable and thriving future.
The Re-imagine: Sector Recovery Initiatives are a direct response to the disruptions and challenges experienced by the cultural and creative industries due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Cultural and Creative Solutions stream supports artists and organizations to re-imagine practice and operations in light of COVID-19 impacts.
The Industry Collaborations stream supports future-focused, cross-industry collaborations across and beyond the cultural and creative industries.
The initiatives aim to:
- Ask hard questions and seek practical solutions to new and existing issues;
- Provide space and time to reflect, re-imagine and act for change;
- Establish new cross-industry partnerships that support sector recovery and deliver and highlight public value;
- Create an industry that is accessible, inclusive and equitable;
- Articulate and test how culture and creativity will play a significant role in the nation’s recovery.
Individuals, groups and organizations are invited to propose future-focused strategic initiatives that respond to the following priorities:
- Equity and justice – structural transformation that contributes to cultural equity, embedded accessibility, social inclusion and sustainability.
- Mobility and exchange – building and activating local, national and international networks for the future.
- Resilience – ensuring a sustainable and healthy creative economy that can weather future disruptions.
- Health and wellbeing – promoting and nurturing health and wellbeing of artists, communities, cultural practitioners and organizations, and climate responsibility.
- Leadership – nurturing the next generation of creative and cultural leaders ensuring diversity and self-determination.
- Digital – skills and capability building, and creation, sharing and dissemination of arts and culture.
- Cultural and Creative Solutions: Up to $50,000
- Industry Collaborations: Up to $100,000
- Individuals, groups or organizations working within the cultural and creative industries.
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or an Australian permanent resident.
For more information, visit https://www.australiacouncil.gov.au/funding/funding-index/re-imagine-sector-recovery-initiatives/