The Gascoyne Development Commission is seeking applications for round five of the Regional Economic Development (RED) Grants program.
The grants will boost investment in local regional projects that contribute to population and economic growth initiatives and innovation pilots, and importantly, are driven by the community.
The RED Grants for the Gascoyne are delivered by the Gascoyne Development Commission with support from the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD).
- The Gascoyne Development Commissions regional priorities include:
- Growing primary production;
- Aboriginal economic development;
- Workforce development and accommodation;
- Vibrant communities and innovation
- The RED Grants Program provides funding to support locally driven projects that will contribute to economic growth in regional communities.
- The objectives of the RED Grants Program include:
- Sustainable jobs;
- Expanding or diversifying industry;
- Developing skills or capabilities;
- Attracting new investment in the region;
- Increasing productivity
- Eligible applicants can apply for RED Grants funding of up to $250,000 for individual projects in Round 5.
- To be eligible for RED Grant funding an applicant must:
- Be a legal entity capable of entering into a legally binding and enforceable financial assistance agreement (Grant Agreement) with the Western Australian State Government;
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN);
- Have an account with an authorised deposit-taking institution (an Australian financial institution or bank) registered with the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority.
- You are not eligible to apply if you are a:
- State or Federal Government Agency;
- Government Trading Enterprise (GTE);
- Hospital; or
- A Trustee that is not empowered through the Trust Deed to enter into an agreement with the State Government to receive funding.
For more information, visit https://www.gdc.wa.gov.au/funding/regional-economic-development-grants.aspx