The Government of Western Australia is pleased to announce Regional Economic Development (RED) Grants Program that aims to invest in projects that contribute to economic growth and development in regional Western Australia.
- The RED Grants Program provides funding to support locally driven projects that will contribute to economic growth in regional communities.
- The objectives of the RED Grants Program include:
- sustainable jobs;
- Expanding or diversifying industry;
- Developing skills or capabilities;
- Attracting new investment in the region;
- Increasing productivity
- Eligible applicants can apply for RED Grants funding of up to $150,000 for individual projects in Round 5.
- To be eligible for RED Grant funding an applicant must:
- be a legal entity capable of entering into a legally binding and enforceable financial assistance agreement (Grant Agreement) with the Western Australian State Government;
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN);
- have an account with an authorised deposit-taking institution (an Australian financial institution or bank) registered with the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority
Who is not Eligible?
- You are not eligible to apply if you are a:
- State or Federal Government Agency;
- Government Trading Enterprise (GTE);
- Hospital; or
- A Trustee that is not empowered through the Trust Deed to enter into an agreement with the State Government to receive funding.
- Items or activities that are not eligible for funding include:
- Retrospective payments or expenditure incurred prior to execution of a RED Grants funding agreement.
- Ongoing costs incurred after the initiative is completed (e.g. operating and maintenance costs).
- Existing staff salaries for core business activities.
- Operational overheads (such as rent, insurance, telephone etc.).
For more information, visit https://www.swdc.wa.gov.au/grants-funding/red-grants/