The Wheatbelt Development Commission is seeking applications for Regional Economic Development Grants that invests in local projects to stimulate economic growth and development in regional Western Australia.
The State Government is investing up to $5 million for this Round (Round 5) of the program.
- Diversify the economic base
- Entrepreneurship and innovation
- The RED Grants Program provides funding to support locally driven projects that will contribute to economic growth in regional communities.
- The objectives of the RED Grants Program include:
- Sustainable jobs;
- Expanding or diversifying industry;
- Developing skills or capabilities;
- Attracting new investment in the region;
- Increasing productivity
- Eligible applicants can apply for RED Grants funding of up to $100,000 for individual projects in Round 5.
- To be eligible for RED Grant funding an applicant must:
- Be a legal entity capable of entering into a legally binding and enforceable financial assistance agreement (Grant Agreement) with the Western Australian State Government;
- Have an Australian Business Number (ABN);
- Have an account with an authorised deposit-taking institution (an Australian financial institution or bank) registered with the Australian Prudential Regulation Authority.
- You are not eligible to apply if you are a:
- State or Federal Government Agency;
- Government Trading Enterprise (GTE);
- Hospital; or
- A Trustee that is not empowered through the Trust Deed to enter into an agreement with the State Government to receive funding.
For more information, visit https://www.wheatbelt.wa.gov.au/working-us/regional-economic-development-scheme/