The Ministry of Education, Culture and Research of the Republic of Moldova launched the Annual Grants Program for youth organizations, which is dedicated to supporting and developing the youth sector in the Republic of Moldova, which will provide, on a competitive basis, logistical and financial support for implementation of youth initiatives, programs and projects, thus strengthening cooperation with civil society.
The types of activities that can be envisaged in the projects are the following: campaigns, courses, competitions, fairs, symposia, festivals, forums, seminars, trainings, trainings, round tables, exhibitions, debates, consultations, congresses, conferences, bilateral exchanges of experience and multilateral activities, participation in international events, official meetings, training courses, creation of websites and communication networks, production of radio and television programs and other similar actions dedicated to the youth sector.
- Development of active citizenship and civic spirit among young people;
- Promoting intergenerational dialogue and volunteering among young people;
- Establishing a program of continuous training of workers and youth specialists;
- Increasing digital skills and supporting media education among young people;
- Development of mechanisms for involving young people from disadvantaged backgrounds in order to integrate them socially;
- Elaboration of studies and researches in the field of youth;
- Strengthening the community spirit by promoting a healthy lifestyle and developing grassroots sports activities;
- Developing the institutional capacities of youth organizations and associative structures;
- Stimulating the participation of young people in the decision-making process and consolidating the co-management structures at local level;
- Development of mechanisms to stimulate internships in the public and private sectors;
- Development of entrepreneurial skills among young people, as well as guidance, counseling and qualification services on young people’s access to the labor market;
- Strengthening the capacity of local public authorities to implement youth policy.
- Projects with a maximum budget of 420,000.00 lei can be submitted to the competition.
- The competition is open to non-commercial youth organizations from the Republic of Moldova that carry out projects and programs with impact for young people.
- The applicant organizations must have legal personality, be a non-profit organization and its statutory purposes are aimed at developing the personality of young people and their integration into public life.
- Applicants can submit projects to youth organizations that have co-financing, partnership agreements from different local and international institutions and donors and can justify their own contribution of at least 20 percent of the total value of the project.
For more information, visit https://mecc.gov.md/ro/content/programul-de-granturi-pentru-organizatiile-de-tineret