The India Foundation for the Arts has announced a request for proposals for the Arts Research Programme to engage scholars, researchers, and practitioners to research various histories and expressions of artistic practices in India. It seeks to foster wider perspectives, understandings, interpretations and engagements in the arts.
The Arts Research programme from researchers and practitioners who are interested in undertaking research projects, implemented by IFA. These projects could investigate marginalised or relatively unexplored areas; intend to create spaces for dialogue between theory and practice; offer new readings of artistic practices; and use interdisciplinary approaches to break new conceptual ground, among other things.
- You can request for support up to Rs 4,00,000/-
- You may budget for an honorarium of Rs 12,000/- per month subject to a maximum limit of Rs 1,44,000/- for the entire duration of the project. Please note that the total budget is inclusive of the honorarium.
- Your project may have a minimum duration of one year and a maximum duration of one year and six months.
- The programme is open to proposals from individual scholars, researchers, and practitioners, across disciplines. You are eligible to apply if you are an Indian national. Your collaborators need to be Indian nationals, too.
You may choose to write your proposal in any Indian language, including English. IFA staff would be happy to answer any questions regarding this programme. You can approach them to discuss your ideas for suggestions and comments before sending in your final proposal. Your proposal will be assessed with the help of external evaluators, and all decisions on the selection made by IFA will be final.
- The content of the proposal should have clear research objectives, an in-depth background survey, critical research questions, rigorous methodologies, and specific outcomes;
- Supporting material, if any, which gives them a sense of your work;
- Your curriculum vitae;
- A detailed breakdown of budget that explains how funds will be utilised. Please also mention funding anticipated from other sources, if any; and
- Your address, telephone numbers, and e-mail address
For more information, visit https://indiaifa.org/whats-new/ar-rfp.html