The MGM Resorts Foundation is accepting proposals for Community Grant Program.
The program will give priority to funding for agencies/projects/programs that provide services in the following focus areas:
- Affordable Housing;
- Economic Opportunity/ Workforce Development;
- Education K-12;
- Family Services;
- Food Insecurity;
- Health and Wellness;
- Services for Seniors;
- Services for Veterans and Military Families.
- Continued or expanded agencies/projects/programs: If your organization is currently providing qualifying services, you may be eligible for a per-year maximum grant of $80,000 in Southern Nevada, $15,000 in Michigan and Biloxi, Mississippi and New Jersey, and $10,000 in Tunica, Mississippi, and Washington Metropolitan Area.
- If you are applying for more than one project or program: You must submit a separate application for each program. Programs may not be combined on one proposal submission. If an agency receives funding for more than one project or program, the agency cannot receive a cumulative total of more than $90,000 per year in Southern Nevada, $25,000 in Michigan, Biloxi, Mississippi, and New Jersey, and $15,000 in Tunica, Mississippi.
- Please note: Washington Metropolitan Area applicants are eligible to apply for only ONE program or project per organization.
To qualify for a Foundation grant your agency must meet the following requirements:
- Record of operating as an IRS 501(c) (3) organization for a minimum of 36 months.
- Provide services within the regions where MGM Resorts International employees live, work and care for their families (Southern Nevada, Michigan, Mississippi, Washington Metropolitan Area, and New Jersey.
- Provide services for people, i.e., individuals, families, and children.
- Comply with the diversity and inclusion policies of MGM Resorts International: your organization may not discriminate, either in employment or its delivery of services, on any basis prohibited by law or the diversity and inclusion policies of MGM Resorts International, including race, national origin, color, creed, gender/sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion, disability or perceived disability, or veteran status.
- The MGM Resorts Foundation will not fund the following types of organizations/agencies or activities:
- Governmental agencies;
- Public schools;
- Privately funded, tuition-based schools;
- Projects/programs that are exclusively devoted to medical research;
- Religious organizations that do not have valid 501(c)(3) status, and that do not provide services open to the general public;
- Pass-through agencies (organizations whose staff do not provide direct client services but who then distribute funding to third party organizations to provide projects/programs and services);
- Special events and/or fundraising activities of nonprofit agencies/organizations;
- Capital campaigns or endowment funds;
- Candidates for public office, political campaigns, ballot measures (such as an initiative or referendum, political endorsements, support for the legislation, or other political issues;
- Athletic or recreational programs.
For more information, visit http://www.mgmresortsfoundation.org/grants/